It cannot be easy to find the right pair of wellies with wide feet. The standard-issue wide-tread options are often simply not wide enough for your feet and leave you feeling uncomfortable. That’s where wellies come in. They provide a safe way to get around in the rain and snow without worrying about leaving your feet wet or muddy. But, since there are so many wellie brands out there, it can be hard to choose the right pair, especially when you have wide feet. That’s why we’ve taken the time to find the best wellies for wide feet. Whether you have extra-wide calves, a high instep, or both, we’re sure that one of these options will fit you. Let’s take a look at our recommendations.
The Best Wellies For Wide Feet – Top Features
While there are a wide variety of wellies available, we believe a few features make the best pair of wellies for wide feet. First and foremost, you want a wellie that offers a wide fit. This means that there is more material around the calf than the front of the foot to ensure plenty of space to wiggle your toes. Another key feature is a shoe that is made with a waterproof coating. This will keep your feet dry and protected from puddles and the like while still allowing you to breathe. A quality rubber sole will provide excellent traction on wet and muddy surfaces while also offering a soft, non-slip grip. This is key as you’ll want to be able to walk around in your wellies without worrying about slipping or falling.
List of Best Wellies For Wide Feet
Jileon Extra Wide Calf Wellies with Rear Expansion
StormWells Womens/Ladies Polka Dot Wellington Boots.
Onlineshoe Flat Wide Calf Wellie Wellington Festival Rain Boots
A&H Footwear New Womens Ladies Extra Wide Calf
Mountain Warehouse Womens Mid-Height Rubber Wellies
5 Best Wellies For Wide Feet
1. Jileon Extra Wide Calf Wellies with Rear Expansion- Fit up to 50cm Calf – for Men and Women – Large in The Ankle and Foot.
Specifically designed for Curvy Women (with high trapezius & wide hips). Jileon Extra Wide Calf Wellies with Rear Expansion- Fit up to 50cm Calf – for Men and Women – Specifically designed for Curvy Women (with high trapezius & wide hips)
The jillion women’s wide-fit wellies are beautifully stitched and made from durable, high-quality materials – so you can wear them outdoors for many years to come.
- DURABLE & STURDY – The sturdiness of our robust materials will ensure you can use them for a long time, even outdoors.
- SWEATPROOF – You won’t have to worry about acquiring a nice pair of boots or wellies which get damaged because of your over-zealous gardening! Our artistry will keep you warm, dry and in perfect condition.
- EFFORTLESS ENTRY – To ensure they are easy to get on and off, our booties are shaped with the perfect extra width around the ankle and foot to ensure that they don’t feel snug or constricting.
- BREATHABLE AT ALL TIMES – Our breathable lined uppers ensure that your feet stay dry and make them ideal for when it’s raining, too (as they’ll keep your feet much warmer than you would expect).
- Durable and sturdy
- Very easy to get on and off
- Breathability – no getting wet
- Provides excellent support for the feet
- Comfortable quality material
- Not suitable for extreme cold places (especially in winter)
- Tracking number is NOT available on standard shipping but requires upgrading it at checkout (will cost $3)
- Orders of “Any Item” containing a “Shoes and Accessories” product will ship FREE and will require only standard shipping (please select “Free Shipping” or check out with the free shipping option)
2. StormWells Womens/Ladies Polka Dot Wellington Boots.
The StormWells boots are all about comfort, style, and security. The boots are suitable for both men and women.
On the first look, you may feel that these StormWells boots will not be that comfortable because they are not very high heel boots, but when you wear them many times, you will feel that the boot is of premium quality. The width of these boots is wider than typical shoes, so it is comfortable to walk in them from morning to night. It has a good grip on your feet, and they keep your feet warm. These Wellington boots look stylish with regular jeans or leggings, but they can also be worn with any stylish outfit to make your outfit more attractive and charming. They do not look like slippers but feel like real sandals in style.
- StormWells Ladies Wide Calf Wellington Boots
- Extra Wide Fit, Adjustable V Gusset
- Outer Material: Rubber
- Closure: Slip-On
- Heel Type: Flat
- Shoe Width: Medium
- Perfect for dog walking, festivals, gardening, etc.
- Avg 32cm High Leg
- Comes with x 2 Pairs of Extra Comfort insoles Cut to size, from Happy Bees.
- It is a very good quality leather upper that keeps your feet warm in winter temperature and cools down your feet during summer days when it is hot outside while walking outdoors. Gardening etc.. ·
- Can hold up to 350 pounds weight maximum, which means you can walk long distances without any problem even if you work at a construction site or cleaning up with heavy machines oriented work… ·
- Can be used during various seasons because it is waterproof and heals up flat.
- It has a very strong artificial sole on top of the boot but comes with soft leather, so it keeps your feet warm while walking and when you are sitting on a chair in your home…
- It is not so comfortable to stroll around all day because they give too much support to your feet which may cause pain when you walk long distances… ·
- No-slip insole to keep your feet warm inside the boot though there are cushions in the sole enough to keep your feet warm…
3. Onlineshoe Flat Wide Calf Wellie Wellington Festival Rain Boots – Assorted Colours.
This is our most popular style of rubber rain boot. It comes in a variety of colors, sizes, and designs. They are available in black, blue, and white and in many different designs. The outer material is black rubber, while the inside is man-made suede or faux leather. The vamp area has a smooth finish to appear more luxurious than other styles, and the shoe heel height is from 6 to 8 inches – this varies from model to model. Still, you can find out more information about widths, etc., by selecting the price range above it. Perhaps one of the most popular rock and roll fashion statements, these rain boots feature an adjustable velcro fastener for a secure fit. Rubber soles ensure you have a great grip on wet floors to make your way through puddles safely and confidently. The wide toe-box permits your toes to be free from restraint when wearing these boots. Your soles will wear down naturally over time, meaning these boots will last for years instead of months – giving you plenty of wear out before buying new footwear!
- Funky Wide Calf Wellington Rain Boots
- Rubber Block Heel
- Outer Material: Rubber
- Inner Material: Manmade
- Sole: Rubber
- Closure: Pull-On
- Heel Type: Block Heel
- Material Composition: Rubber
- Shoe Width: Medium
- Approx 14 Inches Tall – 17.5-18.5 inch wide calf
- Slip-On – Adjustable V Gusset
- It- Easy to match with a variety of outfits.
- Can be worn in any weather conditions
- Some can be a little ‘heavy’ (depending on the model).
4. A&H Footwear New Womens Ladies Extra Wide Calf Snow Rain Mud Festival Waterproof Wellington Boots Wellies Sizes UK 4-8 (UK
The most appealing feature of festival shoes is that they are very suitable for both men and women who have wide feet and wide calves. Because of the big toe box, it wraps around his leg in total, attracting even those broad-legged people to buy them, such as me, who has rather narrow feet (approximately 8 inches).
- Outer Material: Rubber
- Inner Material: Mesh
- Sole: Rubber
- Closure: Buckle
- Heel Height: 3
- Heel Type: Western Heel
- Material Composition: Rubber Wellington’s
- Shaft Diameter: Extra Wide
- Shoe Width: Wide
- Warm, not too warm either
- Stylish and Trendy
- Although the design is quite fashionable; it makes my feet sweat a lot (I guess because of the mesh socks that I put on that are rather hot). Please remember that this information may differ with different sellers’ sizes or types).
- The rubber sole is a bit slippery with rain, which is a con if you’re going to be wearing them while walking around in the rain.
- The ankle area tends to get very wet easily when your feet squish into them out of nowhere at certain times (e.g., at night).
5. Mountain Warehouse Womens Mid-Height Rubber Wellies – Waterproof Wellington Boots, Cotton Lined Ladies Rainboots – Best for Hiking, Trekking, Outdoors & Walking.
The Mountain or Warehouse Women’s Mid-Height Rubber Wellies – Waterproof Wellington Boots – Best for Hiking, Trekking, Outdoors & Walking is one of the toughest and most durable wellington boots around.
The upper features a strong polyester mesh material on top of a thick, durable rubber sole which provides excellent traction throughout your walk. The two insoles are held in place using strong velcro straps, ensuring they stay in place.
The wellies come with a cotton lining that keeps your feet dry and makes you feel extra comfy whatever you do.
In the event of rain: The lightweight woven polyester outer layer prevents rain from getting inside and coming into contact with your skin, keeping you dry even during heavy downpours.
The insulated inner layer offers extra warmth and provides breathability to help prevent or deal with too much sweat from occurring.
- Waterproof – the material prevents water from entering and ensures your feet stay dry
- Cotton Lining – Added comfort and freshness
- Outer Material: Synthetic
- Inner Material: Synthetic
- Closure: Pull-On
- Heel Type: Flat
- Shoe Width: Medium
- The polyester mesh material is strong and durable
- The rubber sole provides excellent grip on all terrains
- Very easy to clean, maintain and take care of
- The inner lining may lose its insulating properties in time, so that a replacement may be required within a couple of years.
- The velcro fastener straps can sometimes come off the insoles and leave you with sore feet.
- Many customers have commented that they bought wellies above their normal size. They found them too big, but the wellies are made to fit over boots and shoes. So make sure when you order that you go down one size as they are very stretchy.
Things to consider before buying wellies for wide feet.
So, how do you pick the right pair of wellies?
Well, you need to look at a few factors. The main thing is to make sure that the boots fit you properly. As we mentioned above, your feet should be comfortable in your wellies. That means they shouldn’t pinch or rub against your toes or cause blisters to form inside your boots. It would be best if you also make sure that the tops of the boots fit you properly. It can be hard to do this in a store because some brands have different measurement systems for calf width and instep height. So, it’s important that you either look at sizing charts and compare them yourself online or try on several different pairs until you find ones that fit perfectly.
Another relevant factor is the type of terrain and weather conditions you often walkthrough. If you live in an area with a lot of snow and mud like Alaska or Ireland, wellies are essential year-round. If not, it’s probably worth checking how resistant your pair is to moisture and how well they provide traction on slippery surfaces like mud and wet grass. Many brands on the market offer insulated boot styles as well.
The Size of the Wellies
The size of the wellies will play an important role in finding comfortable wellies that fit wider feet. The sizing of different brands will vary, so it is best to try on the boots before buying them. It would also be wise to get two sizes and return whichever boots don’t fit properly.
The Width of the Straps
The width around the straps can make or break whether or not you can easily wear a pair of wellies. It’s best to look for a boot that gives you space at or above 0.5 inches on each side so that when you close them around your feet, they fit snugly but not too tight.
The Materials Used
Wellies are generally made of either rubber or leather. Both materials are durable from the elements, but leather is more comfortable to wear due to the softer material it is made from. A more popular choice among consumers would be to use rubber for their wellies as it can provide better traction than leather.
Some wellie styles come with extra features such as a hook for a pocket or an ankle-length zipper for easy access. These features can also be useful depending on what you plan to use them for and how much you will be wearing them.
The jillion women’s wide-fit wellies are one of the most comfortable wellies available suitable for wider feet. They provide the proper amount of space for your toes, and the straps are wide enough that they don’t dig into your skin or pinch. Click here to read a full review!
FAQs For best wellies for wide feet
Can I wear wide-width boots over my jeans?
Yes. However, wide-width boots are cut slightly wider than regular shoes, so you may have the best fit if you wear them over bare legs or tights – especially in the leg area. A good tip is to wear a pair of tall socks and pull them down so they cover your ankles (the part that your boot would expose). Also, make sure you try on the footwear with socks to see how well it fits. If it’s comfortable without socks, then that’s what you need to get!
Will wide-width hunting boots fit me?
Most likely, yes! It all depends on how wide your feet are and how much space you need between your toes. Depending on their widths, some brands may give you more space than others, but hunting boots generally tend to be made for those who require a lot of room in the foot area.
Note: Any recommendations I make are based on my personal experiences only. Any company is not paying me to promote their products. All recommendations are based on my honest opinion of each item mentioned.
Are there boots that don’t slip off if they’re too big?
Ideally, you should wear wellies that fit your feet. When the boots are too big, mud or water may seep in when you walk, which will cause them to leak or fall off. However, some manufacturers such as Hunter and Bogs have hook-and-loop or zip fasteners on the sides of the heel for added security. This way, even if the shoes aren’t a perfect fit, they won’t come off easily.
What can I do about boots that are too short?
If you have wide feet but narrow ankles and calves, you might find it hard to get boots that are long enough but not too wide around your ankles. Fortunately, some wellington boot manufacturers, such as Bogs, have a range of lace-up boots with adjustable lacing to cinch the boot tighter around your ankle without worrying about them falling. What’s more, these types of laces also provide better ankle support than non-adjustable options.
Can I wear regular shoes over my wellington boots?
It’s never safe to wear sneakers over your wellies since they won’t keep your feet warm enough, and you’ll be putting too much pressure on your ankle – this will cause problems for them. I doubt you’d want to wear the same shoes you’re wearing when you walk in those nasty winter boots. Suppose the boots aren’t suitable for hiking. In that case, it’s also a good idea to find a shoe with thick soles that don’t have a lot of grip or traction. However, if you are wearing the best quality hiking shoes over your wellies, they should help protect them.
How can I make sure that my new wellies are at least as good?
When buying wellies, focus on the quality of the construction of each boot before looking at the price. It’s not just about having waterproof boots – it’s more about how well they fit and support your feet.
If you have wide feet, you know how painful it is to find the right pair of wellies. They can be bulky, uncomfortable, and expensive. The good news is that there are many options available. In this guide, we’ve reviewed the best options for wide feet. We’ve covered whether you want a waterproof shoe with good traction or a comfortable moccasin. Waterproof shoes with a good grip are great for protecting your feet from the elements and keeping them safe. The best wellies for wide feet are the ones that provide excellent waterproofing and provide you with a strong and durable sole.